Friday, September 19, 2014

Home Sweet Home!

Just a quick update to let you know we arrived home safe and sound! We rolled into Vancouver last week to a flurry of activity! Doctor appointments, dental visits (no cavities!), and some fun stuff too! Our friend's brother's movie premier! "Primary", great flick with some twists! Plenty of dog walks at our favourite city green space, "Pacific Spirit Regional Park". And let's not forget visits with family and friends! We spent the week with our good friends Lori and Doug, being spoiled rotten! I swear we left their house 10 lbs heavier!  Thanks guys! Their home is perched on a hill over looking the city (very nice!)… The city which we have missed so much! Absence makes the heart grow fonder right?! So fast forward to yesterday! We ferried over to Vancouver Island, my home town.. or Island I should say! I'm a Nanaimo girl! We are currently visiting my sister Tammy and her husband Ken, being equally spoiled! We are staying for a week before heading to an even smaller island. Salt Spring! Timing it perfectly for the annual Apple Festival! Woo hoo! Something Graham has been dying to check out! He is a bit of an apple nut! That's my guy! Ok, I'm wrapping up today's post, but I will be back with what might be my final entry… Where does the time go?

The view from Doug and Lori's! Not to shabby! Those are our North Shore Mountains!
BBQ Kings!
Did I mention we have been eating really, really well?!! Now that's a set of Flintstone ribs!
2 years ago we left Vancouver, we always thought it wasn't a dog friendly city. Well, I have to say… Our recent travels took us to the States, Canada, Mexico, and Portugal… and Vancouver is thee dog friendliest city by far!
We hit Pacific Spirit Park nearly every day. Mango loved it! I think dogs do smile.
Me and my girl!
Love this park! 73 km of walking/hiking trails! 50 km of which are multi-use, including horseback riding!
A view of Vancouver. Voted the best city to live in North America and 5th in the world! Sorry to brag folks!
West and North Vancouver, with a stick wielding Mango in the water! (That is not a seal!)
Home at last!


No comments:

Post a Comment